Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Good Old Days


It has been a long time since I have walked into any kind of business that had video games in there.

The pizza chain I used to manage restaurants for always had a few in there.

You know, the old-school, 2 meter tall video games like Pac Man or Ms. Pac Man or Donkey Kong or whatever.

To entice people to play, the video game would be all lit up, lights a-flashing, simulating the actual game that you could play.

Know what I mean?

When my daughters were little and if we were in a place with video games, they would ask if they could go over an play the video game.

We would say yes, that's OK.

Off they would scoot, grab the knob, press buttons or whatever that particular game had for controls, and start playing.

All the while, intently watching the screen.

They would have a blast until the food was ready and we would call them back over to eat.

Then...

...they got old enough and smart enough to want quarters to put into the machines.

That was a sad day for me and Lovely Wife.

It's been downhill ever since.

And don't get me started on Christmas.

I miss how cheap and gullible little kids are to keep entertained.

Or were cheap and gullible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner