Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #16


Thirteen Things Most Folks Like, But I Don't

1. Coffee. I hate coffee in all forms. Even coffee flavored candy and stuff like that. Love the smell, but hate the taste.

2. Pork Roast/Pork Chops. I can eat sausage all day long, and even eat pulled pork at barbeque places every day, but for some reason pork roast and pork chops just don't do it for me.

3. Boiled Shrimp.

4. Sitcoms. Although I have always loved Gilligan's Island, Andy Griffith Show, The Munsters, The Addams Family, etc. Let me just say I haven't much liked any sitcoms that were made after 1970, and that'll pretty much cover it. Does Earl count? I like Earl. It's 'live action' and not on a studio stage, and it's funny.

5. Horror movies. I'm really good at "suspension of disbelief" when reading books or watching movies, but the stupid way people act in horror movies turns me off in the first 10 minutes.

6. Halloween. Don't believe me?

7. Grits. I know, I'm from the south and I think there's a law that says I have to like them, but I don't. Never have. So lock me up. (They don't make you eat grits in prison, do they?)

8. NASCAR. Now don't go getting your panties in a wad. I'm not saying anything about NASCAR, I'm saying something about ME. I don't like watching NASCAR, but that doesn't meant I think it's dumb, just that I find nothing in it that interests me.

9. Low rider / hip hugger pants. In general, I think it's stupid that these pants arrived on some freaky time machine from the sixties when everybody knows most Americans are overweight. It's painful to be out in public and seeing people's excess baggage spilling out from the top of these things.

10. Curry. Nothing with curry for me, ok? Nothing. The smell alone makes me want to blow chunks.

11. Yogurt. Plain, flavored, with fruit at the bottom, or even if you put cruchy cereal or something in it. Nope.

12. Celebrity based TV shows like Entertainment Tonight, etc. I don't impress easily. I don't really want to know what Hollywood stars are doing. I might watch their movies or TV shows, but beyond that, I really don't care.

13. Huge subwoofers in skanky old cars. Ok dude, you ain't impressing anyone with the thousand dollar stereo in your 1986 Caprice. Plus, from the outside, all you hear is stuff rattling on your old car every time the subwoofer booms. You think you and your car are cool, but let me tell you, your poor car is just embarrassed.Wait, this one doesn't belong on this list does it? NOBODY likes these cars.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY! I know lots of people are doing the "I'm thankful for..." thing today, but I just thought I'd carry on as usual, doing whatever my mind dredges up.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner