Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2006

Some Slides For Saturday

I've been able to scan a few more slides in among everything else.

This first one is of the Ouachita River in Monroe, Louisiana. It was taken when the river was nearly completely over the levee. You can see the road in front of me than one would normally drive over the levee and along the river just leads to nowhere.


The next four slides were from a trip in 1983 to Gulf Shores, Alabama that I went on with Lovely Fiance and her family.

A footprint from my Bride-to-be and me.

During the summer, local businesses would hire airplanes to pull advertising signs through the air up and down the beach. The plane would disappear and then later show back up with a different sign. All. Day. Long.

I framed the morning sun and beach combers with a section of a pier.

This was the view from just outside our hotel rooms, looking across the road toward the Gulf of Mexico. The lighthouse looked neat to me, though it wasn't a real working lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner