Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sticks and Stones

After yesterday's trip to the dark side, I thought I would lighten things up a bit.

In December of 1981, I went to New Orleans with a few friends to see the Rolling Stones.

I wore a coat, had my camera and lenses hidden, hoping to sneak my camera in.

I shouldn't have bothered. The security guys at the Superdome entrance we used were searching everyone...

for booze.

They found my camera and lenses and didn't care one bit. The other folks trying to sneak adult beverages into the concert had their goodies taken away. After all, they were selling beer at the concert and a B.Y.O.B. situation would hurt beer sales.

These are the picks of the litter. I scanned them, tried to lessen the impact of the film's grain, and cropped them as needed. Most are nearly full frame. This was back when ISO 400 film was as fast as you could buy, so the necessary slow shutter speeds I was forced to use left many photos a bit blurry.

It was a great concert and a lot of fun trying to shoot it. I had never taken photos at a concert before this. Give 'em a click.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner