Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Picture Post, Sunday September 3, 2006

September! Can ya believe it?

I've been a bad boy and haven't been scanning very many slides lately, what with Ernesto visiting and throwing urrbody into a tizzy. And for nothing. My daughter having surgery and all. Oh, yeah, and work. Can't forget work. And my new Nikon tempts me to go exploring. So I don't have any recently scanned slides from the archives to show you.

So. More Florida pictures. Well, I live here and I don't have a strong enough telephoto to take photos of any place else.



This first one is the one millionth sunset photo that I've put on the blog. (Sainted Mother must have told me a hundred billion times to stop exaggerating, as the old joke goes.) At Rykman Park in Indialantic, Florida, looking west over the Indian River Lagoon.


The top of one of Lovely Wife's wind chimes. I liked the soft reflection of the sun on it. And the spider web..


A ramp down to the beach at one of the local beach parks. Where Eau Gallie Blvd. meets A1A, but I can't remember the name of the park. The original color photo looked like a thousand other beach pictures, but was nice and contrasty, and I thought it might look good as a black and white photo. I did all the work with Photoshop Elements trickery with RGB levels and the gradient map. It ends up making a better looking black and white photo than just deleting all the color information. Kinda like the old days of using color filters to enhance certain tones when using black and white film. About the ramp; what is someone in a wheel chair gonna do when they get down there? It's not like your average wheel chair can handle soft sand. The ramp IS probably easier on bad knees. I would 'spect so anyway..


A Brevard County Deppity Shurf in his cool ride. (That's deputy sheriff for those not from the South) At Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida.



Generic boat and reflection, but I like it anyway. At Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida. A simple composition that works for me.



A nice sailboat heads out into the Indian River Lagoon from Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida. I put another pic of this boat, when it was closer in, at the bottom of this post a few days ago.


Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner