Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bumper Sticker Humor

Yeah, I keep up with the news and what is going on in the world and, possibly most damaging, the current US presidential race, so that has a tendency to have me in a negative frame of mind.

Keeping up with world events and news is not a recipe for happiness.

But yesterday I got a small reminder that my sense of humor still functions.

I was about to turn north on to the death trap that is Interstate Highway 95, and I was behind a pickup truck with the following lone bumper sticker:

Women Love Me and
Fish Fear Me


I know I looked like a dummy sitting there laughing while driving along, but that snapped me out of a foul mood.

Well, I thought it was funny.

Several years ago I saw a man in his truck with a bumper sticker that said: Fish Tremble At The Sound Of My Name and I laughed at that one too, because I mentally pictured fish trembling.

But for my life lately, I've been more like the unfunny bumper sticker I saw one time that said: Losing My Faith In Humanity, One Person At A Time. That one is sorta funny, but mostly sad and depressing, but it pretty much is how I feel after keeping up with current news and world events.

Maybe I need to stop caring about so much that I cannot possibly change,and just learn to live in a personal life bubble as small as I can possibly get by with.

I'll probably be much happier that way.

Here's a purdy picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner