Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Out Of Touch


Sorry, life keeps messing with my blogging.

BR 549 was the telephone number on Hee-Haw to call Junior Sample's used cars.

I watched a show called The 20 Most Redneck Moments, and they talked about Hee-Haw.

I loved that show, but then again, I'm from Louisiana and I'm male. A TV show with gorgeous, scantily clad women and lots of corny jokes. The show was perfectly aimed at knuckleheads like me.

They didn't specifically mention Junior's Used Cars, but that was always one of my favorite skits.

Guess you had to be there, but that show was WAY funnier than Obama putting his foot in his mouth again this week.

I guess I'm just a bitter man, therefore I cling to my religion and my guns 'cause the gov'ment ain't doing nothing for me.

Back in the days when I worked for Delta Air Lines, we used to joke about the lack of "pats on the back" or pretty much no acknowledgement for a job well done, so we would always joke that THIS would be the year Delta would give us a bonus. This bonus would be given by our supervisor and would consist entirely of Three "Attaboys."

So, in the spirit of the company bonus that never seemed to arrive, to Olga, Attagirl!, Attagirl!, Attagirl!

It's more than we ever got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner