Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2008

An Update in the Form of an Aimless Ramble

I'm good at rambling. It's how my mind works.

I haven't posted here in a a few days, and I honestly haven't cared, though I do love blogging.

Same old broken record; back pain.

This weekend was quite horrific, and that's no exaggeration. It's not a play for sympathy, or an excuse, it just is the truth.

Yesterday, Sunday, was as bad a single day I've had with my back in a while, and that's saying something.

Despite my post a couple of weeks ago about football, I ended up watching the Superbowl with Lovely Wife.

I couldn't sleep, I couldn't sit still, I moved from place to place, got up and walked around, and even my pain medicine barely helped.

I finally got to sleep last night, and lo and behold, though I was hurting this morning, it was more of my normal pain than the misery of the past few days.

I'll take my breaks where I can get them.

So, with nothing better to do, I watched the New York Giants pull off an amazing performance against the incredible New England Patriots.

When I've seen the Patriots play this year, they looked like an impressive, juggernaut of a machine. They've had some close calls, but they always won.

The Giants defense took it to them, and when I saw Tom Brady screaming in anger at his receivers, I knew he was rattled. Something you rarely see with Tom Brady.

Anyway, though I'm not really a fan of either team, I kinda wanted to see Eli Manning win a Superbowl the year after his brother did. Now, no matter what the future holds for them, the Manning brothers have a Superbowl ring each, and that pleases me.

Though I honestly think that Tom Brady will end up having smashed so many all-time quarterback records it won't be funny. If he were to quit today, he'd still be a sure-fire inductee in the hall of fame. Not bad for someone who is only 30 or so.

Plus, I like seeing all the talking head sports guys on TV turn out to have been so wrong about the game. That's fun for me.

And today, I'm so happy to not be hurting so bad as this past weekend that I don't know what to say.

It's like the weekend was a massive migraine and today is only a garden variety sinus headache. It still hurts, but less.

I have to admit, that I was teetering on the edge of complete despair yesterday evening. Today is a whole new outlook.

I sure hope that the bad days are behind me for a while.

I so enjoy getting a few photos ready and posting them here on Sundays, but that wasn't even a consideration this past weekend, and with today's clearer mind, I hate to have missed my Sunday Picture Post, but I can't change that.

Take care folks, I'll post when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner