Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Sainted Mother

Sainted Mother as a wee gal.

Sainted Mother and Don C. on their wedding day in 1952.

Sainted Mother and Don C. in the mid fifties. I think she told me this was in their apartment in Philadelphia, where Dad was stationed for a while. She worked at Wanamaker's Department Store.

I have to confess, that I'm pretty bad with what day and date it is, and with directions.

I always have on a watch with the day and date, and I write down directions.

So I'm sitting at work, reading an electrical schematic, and my heart skips a beat because I realize what today is. Just like waking up in the middle of the night in a panic because your subconscious reminded you of something important.

Today is Sainted Mother's 72nd birthday! And I had forgotten all about it.

I'm such a failure as a son.

Anyway, I had some of the photos that I had scanned of my family's past when Lovely Wife and I were in Louisiana just after Christmas this past year.

I had worked on cleaning and repairing some of the one's with her, and some with her and Dad in them.

Happy birthday Mama. I love you with all of my heart. I'm blessed to have had, and still have you as my mother.

They don't make 'em any better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner