Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Sleep Report

Warning: Boring Sleep Number bed report.

It's still too early to declare total victory, but Lovley Wife and I are loving our sleep number bed.

We usually only spend that kind of money on luxuries instead of something useful, we're true Americans in that regard, but Lovely Wife keeps saying while laying there, "This bed is SO comfortable." I feel the same way, and for the first time in several years look forward to going to bed.

One of the main reasons we chose this bed is it's ability to be two beds in one, I can dial in my side to be pretty firm, "80" is my setting so far, and Lovely Wife can have her side softer, "55" is her number so far.

We chose the middle-of-the-line 5000 series, and it has a pillow top, something we've never had in a mattress.

I can have my side nice and firm, and yet feel like I'm laying on a cloud as well. Kind of a wierd thing, but true.

I usually feel pressure on my hips and shoulders but I don't with this bed. I think I sleep much longer in certain positions because of this. Before, pain in my hips or shoulders would wake me and I'd turn over, and although I still turn some at night, it seems to be because I want to, and not because my hips or shoulders demand it.

Because of my back, the only ways I can sleep are on my left or right side, not on stomach or back. So not having pressure point pain wake me up to turn over is nice.

I think I'm sleeping a bit better overall too. I definitely feel more rested, though I still don't want to get up in the morning. That may be due to other issues though. I think I have sleep apnea and by the end of the day I'm dragging.

When we first got the bed, after only three nights of sleep on it, I could definitely tell that the nerve damage pain I usually feel in my left leg was greatly diminished. I just realized that I was walking more normally, and not limping nearly as much. Then we went out of town for a couple of nights, and the hotel bed had my back aching and my leg hurting with each step again.

Now that I've had another three consecutive nights on the bed again, I noticed much less leg pain again, and I can only guess it's the bed. It's the only thing different in my life right now, and otherwise the shooting leg pain was pretty much a constant thing, with every step.

I'll shut up about this now, but I hope that as time progresses, that I'll have at least a bit more improvement in my back and leg pain due to the bed. I'll let y'all know more as time goes on.

I thought about this bed for several years, but the price tag put us off. But like one mattress commercial says, you spend a third of your life in bed, so buy a good one. We finally have done that and are cautiously optimistic that it will have even more benefits for us in the long run.

For now, it's just nice to hurt less and enjoy how darn comfortable this bed is, oh, and to be off the floor after three years of sleeping there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner