Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #24


Thirteen Things I've Thought or Noticed Recently


1. Noticed: Car bumper sticker that said: Vegetarian - An old indian word for lousy hunter.

2. Noticed: church sign in Mississippi - Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present.

3. Noticed: Bumper sticker on a pickup truck stating: Fish Tremble at the sound of my name.

4. Thought: Blue Bunny low carb Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream is like my own personal crack habit. That stuff is REALLY good, and it satisfies ye olde sweet toothe, as well as keeping me "legal" on my low carb eating.

5. Thought about something I Noticed: In the doctor's office one day, in the bathroom, when I went to wash my hands, I noticed the hand soap squirty thingy had a sticker on it advertising some sort of medicine or other. Jeesh. Those pharmaceutical companies never miss an opportunity to advertise, do they?

6. Thought about something I Noticed: I cannot force myself to use the "express" lane (20 items or less) in WalMart, even if I have 21 items. Why can't other people be guilt ridden like me, and why do the cashiers always let them get away with checking a half-full cart at the express lane? Hmmm?

7. Thought. I myself am one of those people who have complained about the THUMP and RATTLE of 800Watt stereos in a kid's 1993 Caprice. But I have to tell you, the Harley Davidson owners in my neighborhood are even worse. I'd love to have a Harley, and the guts to ride it around, but idiots who have their Harleys louder than old late 60's hot rods with straight pipes are even worse than the kid's thumping car stereos. New flash, that loud bike is only cool in your mind, nowhere else.

8. Thought: I need to get to one of the local branches of the Brevard County Library System. I haven't read very much fiction (my favorite) lately. I did read Ring World and Ring World Engineers by Larry Niven the two weeks after Christmas. Number One Daughter's boyfriend bought them for me for Christmas. I really liked them, and marvelled at how imaginative they were.

9. Thought: Hillary Clinton is running for POTUS. I have no problem with that. But in her announcement video, she spoke as if this decision arrived a day or two before. Yet, behind her, outside the window, everything was really green, and there were flowers right outside the window blooming. So, here's my problem. How did she just arrive at her decision to run, when it was obviously still summer at the very least outside her home when the video was made? To me, that's just dumb. Why lie about something that doesn't matter anyway? Just be honest and say that you decided to run last summer, but waited until now to announce it? Now she just looks like a liar, and over something stupid too.

10. Thought: I'm 44, but this morning my joints feel like they're 144. It's really cool and rainy in Florida this today, and I feel it.

11. Thought: Internet Explorer 7 didn't work for me. I was a good boy and downloaded it and tried to use it, but it killed several other programs on our computer. I had to uninstall it, uninstall the problem programs, and then reinstall the programs to get them to work properly again. I use Firefox a lot, but some things still only work with Internet Explorer, so I need it on the computer. Beware of IE7! Plus, it's layout of controls is dumb and unintuitive. IE7 is a total bust of an "upgrade" in my opinion.

12. Thought: Today I'll wear a jacket for only the second time this winter.

13. Thought: I'm seriously running out of ideas for this Thursday Thirteen thing. I might have to turn it over to my alter-ego, The Party Pooper. But he's pretty darn cynical and may drive off the three people who actually read this blog.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner